Bollywood industry has always introduced new talents to our audiences. We have seen many strugglers trying their hard luck to maintain their position in this glamourous industry. However, only a few of them get wide recognition.
Just like that, there was a star who actually came into limelight as a child artist in the late 80s. But later he couldn’t manage to rule the hearts of his audience despite having good looks and personality. Yes, we are talking about none other than, Mohabbatein actor Jugal Hansraj. The actor had been popular amongst the masses but later his faded away from the mind of his audience and remain forgotten for all.
So, this Sunday, let’s take a look at some of the unbelievable facts about Jugal Hansraj.
- Jugal Hansraj started his career as a child artist in the 1983 film Masoom (1983), which starred Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi and Urmila Matondkar.
- Apart from Masoom, Jugal has also worked as a child artist in films like Karma (1986) and Sultanat (1986). Hansraj was also featured as a model for TV and print as a child. He appeared in notable ad campaigns such as Vicks Vaporub, Saffola and Nutramul.
- Jugal made his adult Bollywood debut in the film Aa Gale Lag Jaa in 1994 with none other than Urmila Matondkar, who incidentally played his sister in his first film Masoom.
- After his first film, Jugal’s second film Papa Kehte Hai (1995) opposite Mayuri Kango. The songs of the film went on to become popular among the masses but it couldn’t help Jugal’s career.
- Later, Jugal worked in films like Mohabbatein opposite Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan and others. After that, he did some small roles in films like Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Salaam Namaste and Aaja Nachle.
- After facing failure in acting, Jugal turned as a director and directed films like Roadside Romeo (2008) and Pyaar Impossible (2010). Interestingly, Jugal won a National Award of Best Director for Roadside Romeo (Animation Film).
- You will be surprised after knowing the fact that Jugal composed and penned 8 lines of Kuch Kuch Kuch Hota’s title track which is still considered as a blockbuster.
- Jugal Hansraj is a childhood friend of Karan Johar and worked with his production house, Dharma Productions’ creative team.
- As per reports, Jugal was dating his Mohabbatein co-star Kim Sharma. However, Jugal’s wife Jasmine Hansraj recently told Free Press Journal that he never dated Kim.
- In July 2016, Jugal Hansraj married Jasmine Dhillon, an NRI investment banker from New York. They married in a Sikh temple in Oakland, Michigan.