Bollywood actor Sunny Deol turns 60 today. We wish him a very Happy Birthday! He is very famous for his dialogue “Dhai Kilo Ka Haath” from the movie ‘Damini’.
To his credit he has some major superhit movies such as ‘Border’, ‘Gadar’, ‘Damini’, ‘Darr’, ‘Jeet’, ‘Gahtak’, ‘Ziddi’ – wherein he plays the role of an angry young man on the screen. But in reality Sunny Deol is an introvert and calm person! Which is totally opposite to his action hero image.
Always Sunny keeps a low profile from media. So here we bring you his some unkown facts that you can amaze you.
1. Sunny Deol real name is Ajay Singh Deol. He kept his nick name Sunny as referred by his family. Sunny is son of yesteryear star Dharmendra and Parkash Kaur Deol. He was born in a Sikh family in the year 1956 in Ludiana – Punjab.
2. Though Sunny has a desi image in the industry, he studied acting in England and did theater and acting in Birmingham in the Old World Theater.
3. In his family he has a younger brother Bobby Deol and also two real sisters named Vijayta and Ajeeta, who are settled in California after marriage. Sunny married at a very early age with Pooja Deol and the couple has two sons, Karan and Rajvir.
4. His first Bollywood debut was in 1983 ‘Betaab’ starring opposite Amrita Singh, which was a big hit at the box office. After the movie, there were rumours of his affair with the lead lady – Amrita Singh, which eventually ended up in a break-up as his marriage got revealed.
5. His next most talked about affair was with most temptress actress Dimple Kapadia. In fact, certain media also reported that they were secretly married.
6. He has a huge fan base from Punjab as he is a Sikh Jatt Punjabi. One of his blockbuster movie ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’ – witnessed such crazy demand by the audience that it was played for several weeks in a theatre at 6 am in the morning.
7. He made his first debut as a director and producer with ‘Dillagi’ which featured his brother Bobby Deol alongside Urmila Matondkar.
8. Sunny is also known for his awesome physique and has Hollywood Superstar Sylvestor Stallone to thank for being his inspiration. He has prepared himself in Sylvestor Stallone’s gym to get the Perfect Physique.
9. In 1990, he won National Awards Best Actor for ‘Ghayal’ and in 1993 as the Best Supporting Actor for ‘Damini’ and a Filmfare Award.
10. Some of his famous dialogues – which are liked by the audience are as follows –
“Mard banne ka itna shauk hai… toh kutto ka sahara lena chhod de Katya” from movie ‘Ghayal once again’
‘Damini’: “Jab yeh dhai kilo ka haath kisi pe padta hai na … toh aadmi uthta nahi … utth jata hai”.
“Tarikh par tarikh, tarikh par tarikh, tarikh par tarikh, tarikh par tarikh milti rahi hai … lekin insaaf nahi mila my lord, insaaf nahi mila … mili hai toh sirf yeh tarikh.
“Judge order order karta rahega aur tu pit-ta rahega.”