The recently released Sanjay Leela Bhansali directorial Padmaavat has kicked off the 2018 Bollywood box office roaster with a bang. Collecting Rs. 114 cr over its opening weekend Padmaavat that stars Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor has emerged as a rather successful venture despite the long delay and multiple hurdles in its run up to release. However, another interesting point that comes to light with Padmaavat crossing the Rs. 100 cr mark is the fact that thanks to this, Deepika Padukone has now emerged as the queen of the Rs. 100 crore club, and here’s why.
1. With Padmaavat reaching the much coveted Rs. 100 crore club, Deepika Padukone becomes the only actress to have not one or two films but seven films within this club.
2. From the seven films that have made it to Rs. 100 crores, two films viz. Padmaavat and Happy New Year have achieved this feat in just 3 days of its release.
3. Three of Deepika Padukone’s seven films in this club viz. Bajirao Mastani, Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela and Padmaavat have been directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and have co-starred Ranveer Singh.
4. Two of Deepika’s seven films in the Rs. 100 crore club viz. Happy New Year and Chennai Express have co-starred Shah Rukh Khan
5. Except for Race 2 that made it across the Rs. 100 crore mark in 63 days, Deepika’s other releases like Bajirao Mastani, Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela, Padmaavat, Happy New Year, Chennai Express, and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani have entered the Rs. 100 crore club in a maximum of 10 days.