Free Press Journal
  • AI chief: Actions for delay in flights

    New Delhi : Sending out a stern message against employees’ lapses, Air India chief Rajiv Bansal has said the airline will “act on those who fail to act” in ensuring on-time flights.

  • First evidence of water found 40 light-years away

    Geneva : The Earth-sized planets orbiting the ultracool TRAPPIST-1 dwarf star 40 light-years away may have substantial amounts of water and could be habitable, scientists say. An international team of astronomers used the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope to estimate whether there might be water on the seven planets orbiting in the nearby TRAPPIST-1 planetary.

  • It may take ATMs 3 months to dispense new Rs 200 notes

    The process of recalibration will begin once ATM manufacturing companies receive the directive from the RBI. The entire process of recalibration can be completed within 90 days without affecting the regular functionality of ATMs to a large extent.

  • Bombay Gymkhana win 4th title

    Mumbai : A determined Bombay Gymkhana (BG) team put up a solid show as they won their fourth consecutive team championship title, while Deanne Rodrigues won a double crown in the 4th Matunga Gymkhana inter-club masters badminton tournament organized and hosted by Matunga Gymkhana and managed by Shuttle Craze under the auspices of Greater Mumbai Badminton Association (GMBA). The BG team secured a thrilling 2-1 win over Catholic Gymkhana ‘A’ to be

  • When shares get divided: Issues related to capital gain

    This week we shall look at an aspect of capital gains that is important but is also a bit confusing to the common taxpayer. We are referring to the corporate actions of bonus, stock split and buybacks. Companies routinely announce either one of these and investors / taxpayers should understand and appreciate the financial consequences of these. Does it indeed increase their wealth? Is a stock split similar to a bonus issue?

  • 2 IPOs eye Rs 1.2K cr from market this wk

    Mumbai : Two companies — Dixon Technologies and Bharat Road Network — are headed to the market with their initial share sale offers this week to raise an estimated Rs 1,200 crore. The IPOs of both will be open for subscription during September 6-8. Dixon Technologies, a consumer electronics manufacturer, has fixed a price band of Rs 1,760-1,766 per share for its initial public offering (IPO), through which it aims to raise

  • China-based Transsion picks 80 pc stake in Spice Mobile

    Kolkata : Chinese communications firm Transsion Holding has picked up 80 per cent stake in Spice Mobile as it aims to garner a larger market share in the fiercely competitive Indian mobile handset market. “The brand Spice mobile was transferred to a special purpose vehicle (SPV). In the joint venture company, Transsion holds 80 per cent stake while the Modis of the Spice Group holds the rest 20 per cent,” a senior

  • ‘Chemical industry collaborates with government to ease teething issues’ – Alok Gautam, Country Logistics and Supply Chain Leader, Dow India

    Dow Chemical International Pvt Ltd, popularly called Dow India, is one of the major players in the country as far as manufacturing and supply of specialty chemicals are concerned. In an interview, Alok Gautam, Country Logistics and Supply Chain Leader, Dow India, explains to PK Chatterjee the current challenges of the Indian Chemical Logistics segment and how Dow India is tackling the same.

  • JSW Steel to invest Rs 8K cr this year

    New Delhi : JSW Steel’s Rs 26,800-crore capex plan is on track and the company plans to spend Rs 8,000 crore this year, Joint Managing Director Seshagiri Rao said. “Our mission is to become a 40 million tonne (mt) steel company… Taken together, we have a capex plan of Rs 26,800 crore to be spent over three years. So, this year, we will be spending Rs 8,000 crore. All these plans will