Free Press Journal
  • Six arrested for dacoity in city

    Mumbai: Six persons have been arrested by Mumbai police on Monday in connection with a dacoity in suburban Juhu last month.

  • Ponting urges Steve Smith to bat at No.3

    London :  Former Australia skipper Ricky Ponting on Monday urged incoming Test captain Steve Smith to shelve consideration of dropping down the batting order, adding the right-hander has the technique to thrive at No.3 despite his failure in the past two Ashes Tests.

  • Modi one of the ‘most viewed CEOs’ in India

    New Delhi : Prime Minister Narendra Modi, with over one million followers, features among “the most viewed CEOs in India” this year on professional networking site, LinkedIn.

  • Prism Cement sells 23% share in general insurance arm

    New Delhi : Australia’s QBE Group will raise stake in Raheja QBE General Insurance Company to 49% by buying an additional 23 per cent from its existing partner Prism Cement for Rs 103 crore.  With this, the Australian partner’s stake in Raheja QBE General Insurance Company would rise to 49%, while Prism Cement will hold remaining 51%.

  • Seat-sharing: Nitish turns the gun on NCP

    “We have left three seats for the NCP and instead of us they would have to decide whether they want to be in the grand secular alliance or not.” Nitish Kumar/Bihar CM (more…)

  • Taslima frets as permit to stay in India expires

    New Delhi : The government’s permission for exiled Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen to stay on in India expired today amidst indications that it is all set to be extended.

  • Foodgrain production to fall by 4.66%

    New Delhi : The Indian foodgrain production is projected to decline by 4.66 percent to 252.68 million tonnes in 2014-15 due to “setbacks” in kharif and rabi seasons, the agriculture ministry said on Monday.

  • Lalu Prasad Yadav - Nitish Kumar

    Bihar deal lacks finality

    The anti-BJP front has reportedly agreed on a seat-sharing arrangement for the coming Bihar Assembly poll. Announced last week, it gives the two big parties, the JD(U) and the RJD, a hundred seats each while leaving 40 for the Congress and three for the NCP. The announcement has, predictably, caused public recriminations. The first to protest was Tariq Anwar, the lone Lok Sabha member of the NCP from Bihar, who threatened to

  • Rupee tumbles 31p to over 2-yr low of 65.31

    Mumbai : The rupee plummeted by 31 paise to end at over two-year low of 65.31 against the US dollar on the back of consistent demand for greenback from importers and state-run banks. Sluggish trade data amid highly volatile global currency market sentiment in the aftermath of China’s yuan devaluation predominantly weighed on trade, forex dealers said.

  • Rohan upsets Tanishq for U-15 title, Nanded’s Ramash tops in U-15 girls

    Mumbai :  Thane’s Rohan Thool is a fighter to the core as he sent packing top-seeded Tanishq Saxena (15-8, 15-10) in the boys Under-15 final on the final day of the Bliss Pharma-Maharashtra State Sub-junior week-end badminton tournament, held at North Indian courts at King’s Circle, here on Monday.

  • Two NCP leaders involved in scuffle

    Aurangabad : A rift between two factions of the NCP came to the fore after a local leader of the party, Vinod Patil, indulged in a heated exchange of words with the former higher and technical education minister, Rajesh Tope, and the verbal duel was led to the former assaulting the latter.

  • Kejriwal to fete Nitish in bid to give poll boost

    New Delhi : The growing bonhomie between Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal and his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar has again come to the fore, with the former hosting a function, in an apparent move to help the latter ahead of the crucial Bihar polls.

Back To Top