Free Press Journal
  • ‘There’s no reason for SRK or Salman to be upset with me’

    News is that when ‘Commando’-fame action star Vidyut Jammwal read the rumours doing the rounds about Shah Rukh and Salman Khan being upset with him, he was shocked. For those who don’t know, the rumour was that the two Khans were miffed with Vidyut for refusing to work in their films — first in Farah Khan’s ‘Happy New Year’ starring Shah Rukh Khan and later Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ —

  • Dacoity attempt foiled in Thane; 5 held

    Thane: Police claimed to have foiled dacoity attempt at a petrol pump with the arrest of five youths in Kolbad area here. Acting on the information that a gang of robbers would target Babu Bhai petrol pump, a trap was laid last evening. The patrolling beat constables spotted the gang members who came in a taxi and two motorcycles, police said on Tuesday. They were intercepted and on

  • Preeya Subba launches new album

    Teen Ekka Creations launched their new album ‘Teri Jogan’ with jogan girl Preeya Subba at Koyla Lounge which was attended by Aanjjan Srivastav, Sunil Pal, Kumar Mohan of Bollywood TV Magazine, Tinaa Ghaai and Ekta Jain.

  • ICVL to submit $200 mn bid for Rio mines

    New Delhi: International Coal Ventures Ltd, a consortium of PSU firms for buying mines abroad, is likely to submit a $200 million bid within a fortnight to mining firm Rio Tinto for buying its all three coal mines in Mozambique. Rio Tinto Coal Mozambique has 100% stake each in Zambeze and Tete East projects and 65 per cent in Benga Mine in which Tata Steel holds the remaining 35 per cent stake.

  • Your Day By Nilikash P. Pradhan

    Aries:– You may not have a trustworthy relationship with your partners. If you get an opportunity to expand in far off places or outside India then your income will increase.

  • Central Bank, Dena revise FCNR-B rates

    Mumbai: Central Bank of India and Dena Bank have revised interest rates on FCNR-B Deposits. Central Bank now offers interest of 4.68% for USD Deposit of 5 Years, 5.18 % for GBP Deposit of 5 Years, 3.67 % for Euro Deposit of 5 Years, 4.99 % for Canadian Dollar deposit of 5 Years & 6.31 for Australian Dollar Deposit of 5 Years. Dena Bank has increased interest rates on FCNR deposits in

  • Bodies of missing Israeli teens found

    Jerusalem : The bodies of the three missing Israeli teenagers have been found in southern West Bank over two weeks after they were allegedly kidnapped by Hamas, as Israel vowed on Tuesday that the militant Palestinian group “will pay” for their deaths, reports PTI.

  • CTS numbers, property cards for gaothans soon

    Bhayandar : Six years after the completion of an official land survey in 2008, properties in nine villages of Mira Bhayandar will be tagged with much needed ‘City Survey’ (CTS) numbers and owners will finally get their property cards. Although covering a sizable region in official geographical map of the twin-city, properties in 14 revenue villages and gaothans including Navghar, Goddev, Khari, Penkarpada, Kashi Versave, Chene, Laxmi Baug, Ghodbunder,

  • The buzz on twitter

    Public outrage over rape remarks

  • CBI scanning Narayanan’s statement: Chopper-Gate

    New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is scrutinising the statement given by M K Narayanan, who on Monday resigned as West Bengal Governor, in  AgustaWestland Helicopter case and no decision has been taken on whether to include him as a witness, reports PTI.

  • Thank you, say kids with cancer

    New Delhi : Little hand-made greeting cards, decorated candles and bookmarks are lined up on a table as a group of children painstakingly give final touches to gifts that they have made over the past few weeks, says IANS.

  • THE MORE YOU ARE YOURSELF, THE STRONGER YOU BECOME

    MANY thoughts take away our joy from life. Some examples are I) Other people are smarter than me, ii) Women don’t pay attention to me, iii) Life is humdrum, iv) I always say wrong things or commit a ‘faux pass’. Well, these thoughts are emotionally crippling. They hold us back, socially, economically, romantically and mentally. In spite of these thoughts hurting us, we still continue having them.