Gandhwani: In a two-day massive crackdown on overloaded vehicles, police on Saturday caught three overloaded dumpers and a truck carrying sand around 8 am, for endangering human lives and causing inconvenience to the commuters.
According to information, the drivers were allegedly carrying sand from Alirajpur to Indore via Kukshi, Gandhwani and Jeerabad.
Police in-charge Babulal Jhad and station in-charge Brajesh Mishra informed that they started inspecting overloaded trucks and dumpers passing to-and-fro Gandhwani on a daily basis. Challan has been issued against vehicle owners. Jhad also issued challans to seven overloaded sand carriers.
Challan was also issued against three sand dumpers who were caught on Friday.
Manawar SDM Shankarlal Chhari appreciated Gandhwani police for their efforts in catching sand mafias.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2018: Puneri Paltan vs Bengaluru Bulls LIVE streaming! When and where to watch in India, FPJ’s dream 11 tips
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh to tie the knot on November 14-15; see invite
- Men too are raped, brutalised, and bullied: Rahul Raj Singh on being sexually harassed by Mushtaq Sheikh
- Crime Branch registers cases against Oommen Chandy, MP K C Venugopal for alleged sexual misconduct
- Pro Kabaddi League 2018: Dabangg Delhi vs Bengal warriors LIVE streaming! When and where to watch in India, FPJ’s dream 11 tips