New Delhi : The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India is likely to come out with a consultation paper on net neutrality by Dec 15, Chairman R.S. Sharma said on Thursday.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of an event here, he said TRAI has “set itself target of Dec 15 to finalise, and release its recommendations” on free data services.Sharma, however, did not give any further details with regard to the said consultation paper.
TRAI had, on May 30, floated a pre-consultation note on net neutrality to seek views from various stakeholders on the core principles of the concept in the Indian context. The principle of net neutrality calls for citizens being able to access internet services without any compromise on speed and content. –Cogencis
- Supreme Court to pass interim order on mandatory Aadhaar linkage today
- Panel discussion on India’s Road Ahead: Prominent Indians deliberate the likely path up to success
- US harmed by ‘invention’ of Trump collusion, says Putin
- Making India’s Road Ahead smoother: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari lays the roadmap
- Ujjain: Internal democracy in political outfits need of the hour: Raghu Thakur