New Delhi : The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India is likely to come out with a consultation paper on net neutrality by Dec 15, Chairman R.S. Sharma said on Thursday.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of an event here, he said TRAI has “set itself target of Dec 15 to finalise, and release its recommendations” on free data services.Sharma, however, did not give any further details with regard to the said consultation paper.
TRAI had, on May 30, floated a pre-consultation note on net neutrality to seek views from various stakeholders on the core principles of the concept in the Indian context. The principle of net neutrality calls for citizens being able to access internet services without any compromise on speed and content. –Cogencis
- Deepika Padukone pokes fun at her ‘little sis’ Anisha with this hilarious selfie; see pic
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan played Sabse Smart Kaun and guess who was the WINNER?
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 Promo: Kamal Haasan warns all viewers
- Nipah virus outbreak: Suspended Gorakhpur doctor Kafeel Khan offers help
- Georgia nominates first black female for governor