Mumbai: Maruti Suzuki India maintained its leadership position in the domestic passenger vehicle (PV) market in October with four of its models featuring in the top 10 selling brands last month.
According to the latest data from Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), in the top 10 best passenger vehicles, here are the top ten selling passenger vehicle brands in October.
Four Maruti Suzuki models made up the top four spots on the list.
1) Maruti’s Alto retained the top position in October with 22,861 units, as against 21,443 units in October last year.
2) The company’s compact sedan Dzire was the second best selling model with 21,084 units as compared to 16,542 units in October last year.
3) Its premium hatchback Swift was third, selling 17,669 units, as compared to 14,310 units in the year-ago month.
4) WagonR stood at fourth position last month with 14,734 units. The company had sold 14,310 units of the compact car in the same period of last year.
5) Hyundai Motor India’s Grand i10 occupied the fifth position with 9,612 units in October. It was at seventh position in October last year with 8,400 unit sales.
6) Hyundai Elite i20 stood at sixth position with sale of 11,019 units last month.
7) At seventh slot, Mahindra & Mahindra’s Bolero continued to be in the top ten with sale of 7,754 units.
8) Hyundai’s new SUV Creta, which was launched in July this year, came eighth with sales of 7,225 unit.
9) Honda Cars India’s mid-sized sedan City was ninth, with the carmaker selling 7,022 units in the month. City wasn’t a part of the top ten list last year.
10) Honda’s Amaze sedan came in at the tenth position, with 6,971 units sold in October. Even the Amaze wasn’t a part of the top ten list in 2014.