Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies (DGMC) is a well-known media institute with state-of-the-art learning and working environment where faculty, students and media professionals work in close association to facilitate generation of value in the media and entertainment spectrum. DGMC has now organised its first national library conference on the theme of ‘Paradigm Shift in Library Services’ on its hi-tech campus at Malad West on Saturday 26th November 2016.
NATIONAL LIBRARY CONFERENCE ON PARADIGM SHIFT IN LIBRARY SERVICES (NCPSLS – 2016)
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
Digitization creates new challenges and opportunities for Libraries. The new age of technology, modes of delivery, types of resources and shift in users’ preferences have challenged Library & Information Science Professionals to adopt new skills and technologies going beyond the conventional approach to reach out to users independent of location and time. “Paradigm Shift in Library Services” is an inter-disciplinary exploration of the emerging roles of libraries. This is the focus of the proposed conference.
- To identify the challenges and opportunities in the digital-age libraries
- To provide platform for sharing various new digital terms and technologies in the paradigm shift of library services
- To create an environment for expanding the professional network, enriching professional skills and experience sharing
- To identify and share best practices followed by various libraries
- Library Services In Digital Era
- E-Books: Usage and Management
- Use of Databases
- Use of E Journals
- New Applications for Libraries
- Impact of Social Media in Library Services
- Use of Social Networking for Libraries
- Mobile technology and its applications
- Web Intelligence
- Big Data Analytics in libraries
- Green Library
- Resource Sharing in Digital Age
A total of over 50 research submissions have been registered and the proceedings will be formally published with ISBN number. Eminent academicians and scholars have confirmed their presence for the conference which will start at 9.45 am and continue up to 5.30 pm.
All those desirous of partaking the invaluable insights are requested to contact the Library Head Ms. Geetanjali Wani at 9821930055.