Chouhan, party feel social media is a potent means to connect with people
BHOPAL: Launching his mobile app two days back, CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan expressed his commitment to make the working of the government more hi-tech. Chouhan said he would help solve people’s grievances through his app. Many Union ministers have also been using the social media for getting feedback from the people and for solving their problems. But the ministers of the state government seem to avoid the social media like plague.
Besides the CM, only 19 of the 29 ministers have Twitter accounts and only three are active on it. As many as 17 ministers have Facebook accounts but only two are active.
Besides Chouhan, the BJP organisation too has been urging the ministers to be active on the social media. State party chief Nandkumar Singh Chouhan and organisational general secretary Suhas Bhagat have also been asking the ministers to make their presence felt on social media platforms, which, they say, are a potent means for connecting with the people.
The ministers who do have accounts on social media platforms use them only for extending good wishes to the people on festivals and for wishing happy birthday to senior leaders. Unlike Union ministers they are not interested in solving the grievances of the people through these accounts.
Among Union ministers, Sushma Swaraj, Suresh Prabhu and Narendra Singh Tomar are using social media effectively to connect with the people. Not a single state minister, however, has taken such an initiative.
Ministers with no account on Twitter/FB
- Jayant Malaiya
- Gauri Shankar Shejwar
- Kusum Mahdele
- Maya Singh
- Omprakash Dhurve
- Gyan Singh
- Jaibhan Singh Pavaiya
- Vijay Shah
- Sharad Jain
- Lalita Yadav
- Harsh Singh
Ministers with accounts on Twitter/FB
- Gopal Bhargava – Both (Limited to good wishes)
- Gaurishankar Bisen – Twitter (Last post in 2013
- Narottam Mishra – Both
- Bhupendra Singh-Both (Active only on Twitter)
- Yashodhararaje Scindia – Both (Active on none)
- Rajendra Shukla- Both (Active on none)
- Rustam Singh – FB
- Umashankar Gupta – FB (Not active)
- Archana Chitnis – FB
- Paras Jain – FB (Not active)
- Antar Singh Arya – FB (Not active)
- Rampal Singh – FB (Not active)
- Deepak Joshi – FB (Not active)
- Lal Singh Arya – Both (Active only on Twitter)
- Surendra Patwa – FB
- Sanjay Pathak – Both (Active on none)
- Vishwas Sarang – Both (Active only on Twitter)
- Surya Prakash Meena – FB